Party Planning Checklist
2. Choose your invitations. Decide whether you will print from home, email or order invitations. Timeline: 60 days in advance.
4. Finalize your guest list and host’s budget. Mail or email your invitations to your guests. Take RSVPs by phone or email. Timeline: 45 days in advance.
5. Confirm your guest count. Finalize menu, seating and room setup with your venue. Timeline: 21 days in advance.
6. Select your baby’s attire. Remember that something red is most appropriate. Timeline: 14 days in advance.
7. Arrange for decorations. Table centerpieces and the welcome check in table are the best areas to focus your attention. Timeline: 7 days in advance.
8. Select a guest book. A signable framed photo of the baby or a traditional Chinese red silk tablecloth both make great guest registries. Timeline: 7 days in advance.
9. Choose the traditions you will observe. Talk to grandma and grandpa about which customs they are interesting in performing at your party. Timeline: 7 days in advance.
10. Gather all your party items. Don’t forget your decorations, favors, guest registry and…your baby! Timeline: Day of the party.
Creating your own Red Egg and Ginger Party decorations can help make a space uniquely your own, whether you hold your event at a restaurant, community center or your home. Here are a few of our favorite ideas to help you get the most return on your time and effort.
Hanging Red Swirls
These hanging red swirls are a great way to dress up your restaurant or community center space and make it your own. Sold in a pack of 12, 22 inch paper swirls.
Red Paper Lanterns
These classic 12 inch red paper lanterns will add a festive touch to any party, whether you’re setting up inside or outside.
This bag of 100, 12 inch balloons will give you more than enough to decorate any space. Pair with gold or silver balloons to create an especially festive effect.
Red Paper Pom Poms
Also available in more than 20 other colors, these red paper pom poms are a great way to liven up any table centerpiece.
Red Tissue Paper
48 sheets of 20 x 30 inch red tissue paper that are perfect for craft decorations, gift bags, baskets and packaging.
Red Table Cover
This 54 x 108 inch cover works really well for your welcome, gift or party favor table and the plastic lining makes it ideal to use for outdoor parties.
Red Paper Napkins
These sturdy, two-ply red paper napkins measure 7.5 x 4.25 inches and come in a package of 50.
Red Plastic Plates
A package of 20 heavyweight, 6.75 inch plastic plates that will be right at home on the buffet table at an outdoor party.
Red Plastic Cutlery
8 sets of the classic knife, spoon and fork set color coordinated to match your plates, napkins and table cover.
Red Plastic Cups
A value pack of 50, 16 ounce plastic cups that will work really well for an outdoor party with lots of kids around.
Put this beautiful signature frame at your check in table to give your guests a place to leave their well wishes. It’s the perfect keepsake for your party.
Banquet Menu Ideas
Planning a delicious banquet meal for your guests is an exciting project to work on with your restaurant and your party hosts. Use these sample 8-10 course banquet meals as a starting point to think about your menu and cost options.